Thalassian Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thalassian Knights

Share your thoughts on wow and other crazy stuff with your fellow guild members

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What is going on in the guild?

Go down 
+5
Vorsh
Korvain
vvenaya
maiyako
Blazehoof
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Blazehoof

Blazehoof

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-03-16

What is going on in the guild? Empty
PostSubject: What is going on in the guild?   What is going on in the guild? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2007 8:02 pm

Hi people
I know i'm not in the guild for a long time,
but lately, the spirit of things has changed.
It seems there are less helpfull people in the guild, more childish players (I'm childish as well, but helpfull) Smile and we're going for quantity instead of quality.
Would like to hear your thoughts and comments about this

Last edited by on Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
maiyako

maiyako

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-03-14

PostSubject: Re: What is going on in the guild?   What is going on in the guild? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2007 8:13 pm

yeah babe, we have talked about this before. Then number of people participating actively in the guild chat has increased ( tho not proportionally to the size of the guild) but there is also alot more childish bickering and people..dont even say hello as much.. There are still alot of good people in the guild but...maybe we should think about what we can do to make people happy and friendly again. I mean, for christ sake even Elu left for a moment...Elu. And in retrospect...i cant blame her....
Back to top Go down
vvenaya

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-03-29

PostSubject: Re: What is going on in the guild?   What is going on in the guild? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2007 8:29 pm

There is active need for policing in this guild ... if the quality of chat on guildchat goes down, as in recent event French speaking ... you Officers need to act, start telling people to STOP , and if necessary KICK ... i know it sounds hard , but the only way to keep a guild of this size in order is to enforce rules ....

If my joking is annoying , i expect to get a warning
If i am a jackass i expect to be warned

The Mob can only be controlled by enforcing a set of rules .

Vvenaya, aka Nathal

Note : This is my opinion, so no hard feelings if this conflicts with yours
Back to top Go down
Blazehoof

Blazehoof

PostSubject: Re: What is going on in the guild?   What is going on in the guild? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2007 8:34 pm

Hi nathal,
I do think there should be amore organized way of enforcement especially with a guild this bing.
Sadly, we have over 200 members and not so many guild co-owners.
As to my knowledge, there is not set group of "Officers" (as ranks are based on lvl) in charge of that or even able to do that permissions-wise.
Back to top Go down
vvenaya

PostSubject: Re: What is going on in the guild?   What is going on in the guild? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2007 8:39 pm

Am i correct to understand that the original goal of this guild was to become more like a "Family" kinda guild , and never expected to grow out of proportions as it has ?

Nathal
Back to top Go down
maiyako

maiyako

PostSubject: Re: What is going on in the guild?   What is going on in the guild? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2007 8:44 pm

it was a much smaller guild orginally but with a diffferent GM. Korv, elu and storm were already strong personalitlites in the chat and always very helpful..like now...but when the GM had to stop for personal reasons he left Korv in charge. We started expanding which is fine, great, alot of great new people have managed to be come part of the guild because of this.....
Back to top Go down
maiyako

maiyako

PostSubject: Re: What is going on in the guild?   What is going on in the guild? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2007 9:12 pm

and by personal reasons...i mean...exams Wink
Back to top Go down
Blazehoof

Blazehoof

PostSubject: Re: What is going on in the guild?   What is going on in the guild? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2007 9:28 pm

Korv, I would like to hear your opinion about this.
Consider Delgation (policing, rank updating and such) as a means to take some load off the few that run the guild.
Back to top Go down
Korvain

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-03-13

PostSubject: Re: What is going on in the guild?   What is going on in the guild? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2007 10:07 pm

I don't understand what you mean about "quantity over quality".
I feel we have a decent mix. We all had to start off somewhere.
So i feel even the newer, less experienced players deserve a chance.
The reason these players aren't advancing as quickly as they used to is due to the increase of lazy, unhelpful users in the guild.

I won't mention names. But i do see players asking for help and there just ignored. I do take note of these things.
But my message to those people is they'll regret it. Helping people out in the guild helps you just as much as it helps them. It helps the weaker players to level quicker. They might even be able to help you out if they level fast enough.

I admit i havn't been helping out much either lately.
But it's a little hard to take when you help someone out. Even when you were busy before hand. Having to watch them tell someone else to sod off because there "busy training". When he was really standing at the bloody auction house.

Although i hate to seem like a power mad idiot.
I will be sorting out this problem as of now.

As for the ranks and such. It's really blizzards fault for giving me a limited number of ranks.
But you people need to realise that i have everything covered.
The ranks in guild are nothing more than mere stepping stones.
There is a reason for this. As i really hate it when people throw ranks in each others face. It's sort of like a pet hate of mine. It's why i didn't last long in the army.
So to save alot of arguements. I just assign ranks myself.
I have my raid leaders all sorted out.
I have alot of things sorted out.

I just need to enforce afew things.
Back to top Go down
Vorsh

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Getting better.   What is going on in the guild? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2007 10:21 pm

It's good ot hear u got things covered korv, altough i'm a new member of our beloved guild , i can still say that we need a change.I'll just wait and see what will happen.Hopefully it will get better.
GL & HF . pig
Back to top Go down
Blazehoof

Blazehoof

PostSubject: Re: What is going on in the guild?   What is going on in the guild? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2007 10:58 pm

I'm glad to hear that korv.
Well I hope we will all be more attentive to the guild's needs from now on, including me Razz
Back to top Go down
Elanee

Elanee

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: What is going on in the guild?   What is going on in the guild? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 11:44 am

This might sound a bit harsh and I don’t mean any offence. But you’ll have to get used to that. Yalanna and I have been in the council of one of the bigger guilds on dunemaul. We had the same problem, people just don’t wanna help others, it was always the council and a few others who helped others, we tried and tried to get more people to help there guildies but nothing worked. You could of course kick the people who don’t wanna help, but let’s say you do then still people will come and go and so it will automatically mix up with people not willing to help and those who do and so the problem stays. This problem can only be solved by having a really small guild. But I don’t see that happening to this guild. The only thing you can do is to promote/advertise that we want people to help as much as possible.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What is going on in the guild?   What is going on in the guild? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 6:07 pm

I must say that i agree in so many ways. This guild is NOT what it used to be and it saddens me. I have been in this guild since the very beginning and its had its ups and downs, GM`s that’s come and go, ppl coming and going- as it is in every guild. Back then I didn’t pay much attention to what happened in the guild, I was just in it to be in a guild in general.

But then things started to change. The guild chat got interesting, the ppl was friendly & awesome and you were always helped.- No matter what. No one was ALWAYS busy.
When I reached a good lvl I myself started helping out ppl, not cus I felt I HAD to but because I wanted to.

You were always greeted when you came online, ppl was always answering your questions, no one was ignoring anyone, freaking flowers was falling down everywhere and cute and cuddly bunnies was jumping around. (THAT’S how good the guild was)

Then more and more ppl started to join the guild, some who prob were not my kind of ppl in general.- I don’t know. I just felt more and more uncomfortable in the guild. Of course I know I am a person who takes up much space but I try to even it up by (almost) never saying “No” to anyone asking for my help.

When I left I just felt fed up with the guild in general, cus I miss it like it was before. And I don’t want to be in a HUGE guild.(I feel its big)

But I cant say for sure whats wrong with the guild.. We have a very dedicated and good GM & some kick ass cool ppl . I guess Im just a little pissed off cus no one is using the website and I get a little childish and think ppl are ungrateful.

I dunno.. But somethings gotta give. Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Back to top Go down
https://tk-forum.editboard.com
Ael

Registration date : 2007-03-31

PostSubject: Re: What is going on in the guild?   What is going on in the guild? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2007 6:56 am

Tadaaaaaa! My first post!

Now I've got to get all serious Neutral I'm gonna help out more. the last few weeks have been me me me going to instances all the time - but only the ones that are good for my own purposes. That and starting my alt rogue, anyways. By no means have I been alone in doing this, but I'm registering my intent to slow down a bit and help the lower guys get up to speed.

If anybody catches me not helping, gimme a slap Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What is going on in the guild?   What is going on in the guild? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2007 2:51 pm

*slapping Ael around* Cool
Back to top Go down
https://tk-forum.editboard.com
Ael

Registration date : 2007-03-31

PostSubject: Re: What is going on in the guild?   What is going on in the guild? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2007 4:04 pm

affraid Gimme a chance, woman, I've not even logged in since posting that!
Back to top Go down
Stilton

Stilton

Registration date : 2007-03-22

PostSubject: Re: What is going on in the guild?   What is going on in the guild? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 1:20 pm

Hey all, first post here so be gentle Smile

I too have noticed that guild chat and behaviour has changed over the past weeks. While I am a new member to the guild, and as such am probably not qualified to comment, I find the lack of support annoying at times.

Ok, I am also guilty of not doing as much as I could. I am not a huge fan of PvP, big instances and the like, but I have a go.

Bare in mind that some people are virgin fresh to this game, maybe their first MMO (While this is not my first character I wouldnt say I know how to play well), and we should lead by example.

So what if a level 10 needs help with his prof quests and you are some far off place, I say that if they have had a go themselves at it is too hard why not help out. So what if you would get 40s for some ore on the AH and a guild memeber needs some for some reason.

I do object to hunting down a rare item for a guild member to make something, only to be offered the said made item for sale the next day in guild chat!

Something else I find really annoyinig, while I am here, is the "ooh look at me, aint I special" chats that have taken over guild chat. While I know this happens in all guilds and is to be expected the number of attention seekers is growing daily. Maybe that is my problem, but seeing as thoughts were asked for I will put it out there.

Anyway, rant over. See you all in game later. Back to work....
Back to top Go down
http://www.foldinglemons.com
Stilton

Stilton

Registration date : 2007-03-22

PostSubject: Re: What is going on in the guild?   What is going on in the guild? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 11:49 pm

Rats! I make a post on Elu's forum and she quits the guild Wink

Hope it isnt anything I said Smile

Have fun wherever you end up. Take care.

Edit: Also goodbye to all the other people that seem to have left the guild, thanks for such a warm welcome when I arrived. I enjoyed it while it lasted, but somehow the vibe is different now. I may not have been the most experienced player, hell, I would go so far as to say I was a noob, but in my short time in the guild I would say we have lost more than we will ever know in the departing of what I see, in my opinion, as the key members of the guild.

Thats it. I wont reply anymore. Honest. At least your forum is getting used a bit now Elu! A shame it is under such circumstances Sad

Later. The cheese man.........
Back to top Go down
http://www.foldinglemons.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is going on in the guild?   What is going on in the guild? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is going on in the guild?
Page 1 of 1